Wednesday, November 26, 2014

get to know ames

oooh, look. a new friend. (aka "new friend amey")


Name:  Amey. My friends call me Ames.
Age:  Dirty 30
Status:  Alive?.... Oh. You meant... I see. I'm single. As in, not married.
Twitter: @ReneeGoetz
Do you blog? Why, yes, in a sense, yes I do. It's dedicated to original works of writing, just, you know, in case anybody is actually bored enough to want to read it. It gets updated once or twice a year. http://rengoe84.blogspot.com 
What other social media sites do you use? Facebook and Instagram, mostly. I think that's pretty much it.
5 little-known facts about you:
-I was born with my two lower front teeth on a Friday the 13, on a full moon, at 11:11.
-I had surgery to remove a double inguinal hernia at two weeks old. Still have the scars!
-I was a cheerleader in junior high school.
-I have been writing stories since I was five years old.
-I was writing fan fiction before I knew what fan fiction was. Seriously. I was seven and wrote a Power Rangers fic. Give me a break. I was seven. At ten I got sucked into X-Files and wrote TONS for that. My mom probably still has the notebooks in an air tight, climate controlled display case somewhere in her house.

Questions stolen from Twi-Between:
When/how did your Twilight obsession begin? I wouldn't call it an obsession, exactly, but regardless, it's my boyfriend's fault. We first began dating in 2008, not long before the first movie came out. We were still in that learning about each other phase, you know, favorite colors, favorite food, all that good stuff. So I think it was our first date actually, I don't remember what movie we were seeing but the Twilight trailer was attached to it and they were heavily playing up the fighting and the ballet studio scene, and he leaned over and whispered in my ear, "That. I'd see that. That's the kind of movie I like." So on our third date, Twilight had come out the week before and I asked him if he wanted to go see it. He said yes. We went. And were miserable the whole time. Him more so than I. I thought it was just all right. This poor guy was looking for any escape. Turns out Underworld is more his speed and when he saw the vampires and the fighting in this trailer, he thought it would be like that. When I bring it up present day, he denies that night ever happened. Anyway, I told a friend what happened and she insisted I read the books because "The books are so much better!" So I gave them a chance and they were pretty not bad. And here we are. (karen's note: all together now. "awwwwwww.")

What is your favorite Twilight quote?  "Face it, I AM hotter than you."

Who is your favorite non-holy twinity (minor) character? Holy Twinity? That's what we're calling them now? Okay. Hmmm... Well I guess I'd have to go with Emmett. He's just so great, the big goof ball! I also like Jasper a lot, but that may have been influenced more from reading fan fiction than the actual books.

Which is your favorite Twilight movie? Eclipse. Though, I am very partial to the "battle" scene of Breaking Dawn 2.

What is your favorite song from any of the Twilight soundtracks? Full Cheese Disclosure: If I were to ever get married, I would want A Thousand Years as my first dance song. The longer version. Who wouldn't, right? But overall, I really like Friends and Shooting the Moon. And I always love Muse.

Ideal vacay? Forks, set stalking, Brit Pack concert, or a non-Twi premiere? My IDEAL vaca would be Bora Bora, but if those are my options, I'd do Forks again. So beautiful there.

What is your favorite Non-Twilight film of a Twilight star? Pitch Perfect.

What is your favorite Twilight memory? As awful as that date was, it has to be when the boy and I went to see it in the theater. Six years later and he's still around! Second favorite would have to be when I went to Twi Fest this past September and met a bunch of awesome people. (karen's note: hey, does she mean US?)

new questions:
Who is your favorite Twilight actor? Have such a crush on Taylor Lautner. But talent wise, I'd go with Peter Facinelli. He's got great range.

What has being a fan of Twilight opened up for you? Friendships.

What is your craziest fangirl moment? I've never really been one to fangirl. I don't know if that comes from living in NYC or what, but celebs are just people. Some are cool, some are assholes (coughJamesSpadercough). If I had to pick a moment from my life, I guess I'd go with when I finally got to see Hanson in concert. I was 29, but standing only a few rows back from the stage, I was a squealing 13 year old girl again.

Who is your favorite NON-Twilight vampire?  Damon Salvatore. Yeah, definitely. And Selene from Underworld. Because, girl power.

Fanfiction questions:
What are you reading right now?  This email.
Oh. You meant what fan fiction am I reading? LOL sorry...
That Doesn't Happen in Real Life by lilhummingbird. A couple other WIPs.

I know it's almost impossible, but ~ what are your top 5 favorite fics?
In no particular order:
-Living in Death's Shadow by Kitty T's Keyboard
-Page Turner by Katty4Harry
-Her Keeper by 4MeJasper
-Whirlwind by Betterin Texas
-For A Reason: Inauguration by Mir Queen

Who is your favorite incarnation of Edward (specifically, from which story)? Any Edward where he is not moping or whining or telling Bella that he's "not good for you, but I love you! I can't be without you! But stay away from me." Not so much an Edward fan. In case you couldn't tell.

What are your fanfic hard limits? I don't want to set any because if the story is good, I'll read it. Not into slash or smut really, but if the story is decent and it's well written, I'll stick with it and skim over any parts that make me uncomfortable.

What is your biggest ficpeeve?  GRAMMAR!! You're a writer, learn how to use it! And spelling! I mean, my God! What computer does not have spell check today?? I understand things slip through the cracks, hell, I'm guilty of it, too. I know how it is, you get into a groove and your fingers are just flying away and you miss some things. But page after page of just blatant abuse of the English language... It hurts. Especially the your/you're and there/their/they're. Sigh. I should've been an English teacher. (karen's note: word.)    

Who are your favorite authors?
J.K. Rowling
Edgar Allen Poe
Ransom Riggs   

Why do you read fan fiction?  Partly because it's great for expanding a universe a reader may be interested in, but wasn't fully explored in the book or movie or whatever it was based off of. In the case of Twilight, that also applies (love reading about Jasper and his possible histories and AU's), however, I also find many of the Twilight fics to be better than the actual books. I don't remember how I initially started reading Twilight fics, but somehow I did and that's where I am with it.


What other fandoms do you count yourself a member of?  Harry Potter, for sure. And X-Files. Ohhhhh yeah. The truth is out there, bitches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
how ames and i met: fun story. so jodi, who doesn't like people, decided that in forks she would be nice to one stranger. if she got her name, that meant she was in. we were officially introduced ("guys, this is amey.") and liked her and sort of stalked her the rest of the trip. 
this is how to react to your stalker.

No comments:

Post a Comment